The CAD/Detail Managers will manage all department and company drawing details and drawing templates while working with the other departments to facilitate details for their use. This position will support other team members with their projects and projects needs.
All work performed shall be done in accordance with JDSfaulkner guidelines and standard procedures as outlined in approved department documents. The Quality Control/Detail Manager is expected to act as ambassador for the JDSfaulkner brand.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, or a related field
- At least 15 years of design and/or construction experience. At least 10 years of AutoCAD experience and 5 years of Revit experience. Adobe Creative suite knowledge preferred.
- Efficient and productive in work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team player who can work well independently as well.
- Creating new drawing details, managing existing drawing details, and updating drawing details for code and construction revisions.
- Managing drawing templates for code updates, state requirements, and company‐wide changes.
- Complete and manage company detail catalog.
- Support team with all detail needs.
- Work with Department Director to define detail standards.
- Work with Engineering Department and Director to update details for Field and code changes.
- Maintain current code information in all drawing templates.
- Periodically review randomly selected projects for quality and clarity.
- Define and maintain drafting standards.
- Train team members on how to use drawing details and templates.
- Be the primary resource for drawing details for the company.
- Develop renderings and presentation drawings for projects.
- Work efficiently on all projects.
- Perform drafting services as deemed by SED Director.
- Department: Structural Engineering & Design Department
- Reports to: Director of Structural Engineering & Design